 CAD / 13609
Re: L3PAdd-on 1.4.1 Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 02:10:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John O'Keefe wrote:

The actual reason for the update was a request Tore made. L3PAO will now
parse
the selected model file looking for 2 objects ("camera.dat" and
"look_at.dat").
If it finds either of these objects it will use them for camera settings.
We've
tested it and it seems to work.

How does this actually work? I was assuming that I take any LEGO part, copy
it, and then rename it to camera.dat and to look_at.dat. For this purpose I
used the her.dat file created for the helper rotation tutorial:

http://www.holly-wood.it/files/Helper_Her.zip

I then assumed that I place camera.dat in the scene where I wanted the
camera to be at and then placed look_at.dat where I want the camera to point
towards. I then load the file up in the latest l3pao and use the "Get Camera
and Look At settings from model" button. When I try to render the model in
POV I can't see my model. It looks like I see the floor and the sky. Am I
using the camera.dat and look_at.dat functions correctly?

Thanks,
John

I can't see the camera and look_at objects in your zip file, so therefor I can't
tell if you are using the functions correctly or not. Please have a look at the
example I gave in the following post:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13279

/Tore