 CAD / 13611
Re: L3PAdd-on 1.4.1 Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 21:59:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John O'Keefe wrote:

I can't see the camera and look_at objects in your zip file, so therefor I
can't
tell if you are using the functions correctly or not. Please have a look
at the
example I gave in the following post:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13279

OK, I tried your objects and it works great. I just changed the camera.dat
and the look_at.dat files with yours from your posting and it worked fine.
Thanks for the help!

- John

My pleasure. Just note that the rotation of the LDraw camera object has no
effect on the direction of the POV camera. The POV camera is pointed towards the
look_at location and the LDraw camera rotation is (so far) ignored. I have no
intention at this point to either turn the LDraw camera towards the look_at
point or let the LDraw camera rotation set the POV camera direction, because the
current new L3PAO feature I suggested perfectly meets my needs.

But if anyone is interested in some touch-up work like a small utility that
points the camera at the look_at point, I really wouldn't stand in the way for
it. Or, say in the future, ML-Cad or any program does it automatically.

/Tore