 CAD / 11670

Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:31:42 GMT

How does that scan_order thing work?
I've added three more paths in mlcad.ini, but the parts in these folders don't
show up anywhere in MLCad.

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW Parts
2 = HIDE Parts\s
3 = HIDE P
4 = HIDE P\48
5 = SHOW NewParts
6 = HIDE NewParts\s
7 = SHOW MyParts

Niels

Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:23:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
How does that scan_order thing work?
I've added three more paths in mlcad.ini, but the parts in these folders don't
show up anywhere in MLCad.

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW Parts
2 = HIDE Parts\s
3 = HIDE P
4 = HIDE P\48
5 = SHOW NewParts
6 = HIDE NewParts\s
7 = SHOW MyParts

Niels

hi niels,

the code looks fine. please check the following two things:

* lets persume that that MLCad.exe and MLCad.ini is stored in:

c:\Programs\MLCad

and the parts are in:

c:\Programs\MLCad\Parts

then your custom parts have to be placed in

c:\Programs\MLCad\NewParts
c:\Programs\MLCad\MyParts

because the custom folders are defined with the relative path.

* because of the scan order you defined MLCad will ignor parts with an identical
number in NewParts and MyParts. if you are workin' on fixes stored in NewParts
you have to invert the scan order.

hope this helps,

w.

Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***
the code looks fine. please check the following two things:

* lets persume that that MLCad.exe and MLCad.ini is stored in:

c:\Programs\MLCad

and the parts are in:

c:\Programs\MLCad\Parts

then your custom parts have to be placed in

c:\Programs\MLCad\NewParts
c:\Programs\MLCad\MyParts

because the custom folders are defined with the relative path.

* because of the scan order you defined MLCad will ignor parts with an identical
number in NewParts and MyParts. if you are workin' on fixes stored in NewParts
you have to invert the scan order.

hope this helps,

My folder structure is as follows:
D:\LDraw\MLCad_V3.10\   includes MLCad 3.10 install, including MLCad.exe and MLCad.ini
D:\LDraw\Parts\
D:\LDraw\Parts\S
D:\LDraw\P\
D:\LDraw\P\48\
D:\LDraw\NewParts\
D:\LDraw\NewParts\S\
D:\LDraw\MyParts\

NewParts and MyParts contain only new parts (which don't exist in Parts)

I have changed the section to full paths:
[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW Parts
2 = HIDE Parts\s
3 = HIDE P
4 = HIDE P\48
5 = SHOW D:\LDraw\NewParts
6 = HIDE D:\LDraw\NewParts\s
7 = SHOW D:\LDraw\MyParts

I launch MLCad by doubleclicking on D:\LDraw\MLCad_V3.10\MLCad.exe from the
explorer.
Still no success.

Niels

Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***