 CAD / 10207
Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:54:31 GMT

Niels Karsdorp <nkp.nkp@hetnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:HGBE24.1IJM@lugnet.com...
Sorry, i don't know who pneaster is, but he did put a hold
on some primitives for differences in values.

I would like to know how these values are to be calculated
(and who calculated the correct values, me or pneaster)

I calculated the first value with the formula:
7 * SIN( PI / 8), where PI = 3.14159265358979
(Excel can't handle more digits for PI)
Which results into 2.67878402655563, rounded to 2,6788

If I use Windows Calculator with
PI=3.1415926535897932384626433832795
the result is
2.6787840265556284020992198882128
rounded as 2.6788

How does pneaster get the result 2.6789 ????

I've the same problem on my parts.
The parts is (maybe) checked by inlining the edge.dat and then
multiplied this with the radius (for example in MLCAD).

This comes to the result of the review. The points of the edge
with radius 1 is approximate by 4 digits, but this leads to an
error when you multiply this with R to get a new circle with
this radius.

So the question is how to calculate new (round) primitives?

   a) With the correct points new calculated as you write above?
or b) With the R=1 points multiplied with the new Radius?

CU Bernd