 CAD / 10251
Re: Hold on primitives by pneaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:38:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, ludo soete wrote:

I assume that this apply also to parts? Or not, because parts (partsize) won't
be multiplicated as is with primitives.
I created the 9V curve 2867.dat with the 'incorrectly' rounding method witch is
pending in the parts tracker for certification.

I think for parts, you can use either method -- because, as the part
author, you are responsible for making all the vertices match up.

The point with this discussion, is to support using primitives in parts
by creating the primitives in a way that will work cleanly with
'stretched' primitives.

How you get your vertices for polygons and lines in parts isn't as big
an issue.

I am still not fully sure about another final rounding.
in example;  round( r* round( sin( Angle ), 4), 4)
This is the current method I am using.

<SNIP>

Anyone else care to comment too?

I'd go with the double-round method, but I'm not sure that it will ever
make a difference.  That is, I think that:
round( r* round( sin( Angle ), 4), 4)
will always equal
r* round( sin( Angle ), 4)
Assuming r is an integer.

Steve
--
No FTX was harmed in the making of this message