 Belville / 124
Subject:
5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:43:12 GMT

Yay, I just got 5823!
Bummer, I didn't get 5801 and 5824.

My S@H order arrived (surprisingly) only three days after ordered, and those
days where a Sat, Sun and Monday. The package looked a bit too small according
to what I ordered (2 5824, 5801, 5823, 7101, 6417, 6420 - all small items but
a lot of them :). Sure enough, when I opened the box, the 2 5824s and the 5801
were missing. I checked the receipt, and it said the total amount charged was
$20.5 instead of planned $42. The items missing were labeled "backordered" and
weren't charged. I called S@H and they assured me that I don't need to
reorder, and the items were sent out today. No prob - just a bit
disappointment.

Now about 5823:
This is sort of a WYSIWYG set. (what you see is what you get).
The fairy's wings are one fabric piece, not two, and attached to the fairy's
back with a Belville bow. The 2 cats are cute, but theireyelashes are
annoying. My "tiger"'s print is a bit smudged but I don't care. He'll make a
great minifig scale tiger cub.
The fairy (my first) is actually (IMO) less pretty than she looks in the
catalog pics (not that she looks pretty in the catalog...). This is because
when you look at her up front you see that her hair tilts backward, not
straight up, and her lips are printed in the same color the moon/stars design
is. In this case, gold. Ugh.
The light blue pieces are nice, but limited - a 8x4 plate, a 2x3x2 cabinet
case and a 1x2 plate with one stud in the middle (name?). That's all...
Three trans gems - pink, dk blue, and clear! Yeah! Trans pink treasure chest!
Looks great, show off your treasure ;-)
Trans pink magic wand, green apple. Again, WYSIWYG. Not much that I didn't
know already.
But it's nice to have it here :-)

-Shiri

The heros of .castle are being born! See them NOW, on:
www.geocities.com/shiri_lego

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
This is sort of a WYSIWYG set. (what you see is what you get).
The fairy's wings are one fabric piece, not two, and attached to the fairy's
back with a Belville bow. The 2 cats are cute, but theireyelashes are
annoying. My "tiger"'s print is a bit smudged but I don't care. He'll make a
great minifig scale tiger cub.

I love that tabby cat!  Its so cute!  :)  And my sister(1) doesn't get either
of 'em.  :)

The fairy (my first) is actually (IMO) less pretty than she looks in the
catalog pics (not that she looks pretty in the catalog...). This is because
when you look at her up front you see that her hair tilts backward, not
straight up, and her lips are printed in the same color the moon/stars design
is. In this case, gold. Ugh.

I wonder if anyone wants seven fairies...  ;)

The light blue pieces are nice, but limited - a 8x4 plate, a 2x3x2 cabinet
case and a 1x2 plate with one stud in the middle (name?). That's all...

I really like the light blue color.  Now, what to use it for?  Oh, and the
standard name of that plate is 1x2 Plate with Center Stud.  :)

Three trans gems - pink, dk blue, and clear! Yeah! Trans pink treasure chest!
Looks great, show off your treasure ;-)
Trans pink magic wand, green apple. Again, WYSIWYG. Not much that I didn't
know already.
But it's nice to have it here :-)

Yup, and I love the drawers!  'Course, I had to take the printing off.  ;)

Jeff

In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
Yay, I just got 5823!
Bummer, I didn't get 5801 and 5824.

Now about 5823:
This is sort of a WYSIWYG set. (what you see is what you get).
The fairy's wings are one fabric piece, not two, and attached to the fairy's
back with a Belville bow. The 2 cats are cute, but theireyelashes are
annoying. My "tiger"'s print is a bit smudged but I don't care. He'll make a
great minifig scale tiger cub.

I love that tabby cat!  Its so cute!  :)  And my sister(1) doesn't get either
of 'em.  :)

What's the reference? you put a "(1)" there but didn't say anything...
And the tabby *is* great...

The fairy (my first) is actually (IMO) less pretty than she looks in the
catalog pics (not that she looks pretty in the catalog...). This is because
when you look at her up front you see that her hair tilts backward, not
straight up, and her lips are printed in the same color the moon/stars design
is. In this case, gold. Ugh.

I wonder if anyone wants seven fairies...  ;)

Hmmm... NO!

The light blue pieces are nice, but limited - a 8x4 plate, a 2x3x2 cabinet
case and a 1x2 plate with one stud in the middle (name?). That's all...

I really like the light blue color.  Now, what to use it for?  Oh, and the
standard name of that plate is 1x2 Plate with Center Stud.  :)

Well, that's original ;-)

Three trans gems - pink, dk blue, and clear! Yeah! Trans pink treasure chest!
Looks great, show off your treasure ;-)
Trans pink magic wand, green apple. Again, WYSIWYG. Not much that I didn't
know already.
But it's nice to have it here :-)

Yup, and I love the drawers!  'Course, I had to take the printing off.  ;)

I'll use them for Cleo's (1) room so there won't be any need to take them
off...

-Shiri

(1) See Queen Cleo, King Marck, Prince Franz and his fiancee Siferra on:
www.geocities.com/shiri_lego

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
Yay, I just got 5823!
Bummer, I didn't get 5801 and 5824.

Now about 5823:
This is sort of a WYSIWYG set. (what you see is what you get).
The fairy's wings are one fabric piece, not two, and attached to the fairy's
back with a Belville bow. The 2 cats are cute, but theireyelashes are
annoying. My "tiger"'s print is a bit smudged but I don't care. He'll make a
great minifig scale tiger cub.

I love that tabby cat!  Its so cute!  :)  And my sister(1) doesn't get either
of 'em.  :)

What's the reference? you put a "(1)" there but didn't say anything...
And the tabby *is* great...

D'oh!  *sigh*  I do that all the time...  It should be:

1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

The fairy (my first) is actually (IMO) less pretty than she looks in the
catalog pics (not that she looks pretty in the catalog...). This is because
when you look at her up front you see that her hair tilts backward, not
straight up, and her lips are printed in the same color the moon/stars
designis. In this case, gold. Ugh.

I wonder if anyone wants seven fairies...  ;)

Hmmm... NO!

Darn!  Maybe I can put them in an auction of palm trees, and get rid of 'em
that way...  :)

The light blue pieces are nice, but limited - a 8x4 plate, a 2x3x2 cabinet
case and a 1x2 plate with one stud in the middle (name?). That's all...

I really like the light blue color.  Now, what to use it for?  Oh, and the
standard name of that plate is 1x2 Plate with Center Stud.  :)

Well, that's original ;-)

Hehe.  Well, descriptive is best.  ;)

Three trans gems - pink, dk blue, and clear! Yeah! Trans pink treasure
chest!  Looks great, show off your treasure ;-)
Trans pink magic wand, green apple. Again, WYSIWYG. Not much that I didn't
know already.
But it's nice to have it here :-)

Yup, and I love the drawers!  'Course, I had to take the printing off.  ;)

I'll use them for Cleo's (1) room so there won't be any need to take them
off...

Well, i want lots to furnish my houses.  They are hard to get, so I'm not going
to pass these up just because they're printed.  :)

Jeff

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
The light blue pieces are nice, but limited - a 8x4 plate, a 2x3x2 cabinet
case and a 1x2 plate with one stud in the middle (name?). That's all...

I really like the light blue color.  Now, what to use it for?  Oh, and the
standard name of that plate is 1x2 Plate with Center Stud.  :)

Well, that's original ;-)

Hehe.  Well, descriptive is best.  ;)

Sometimes.  And sometimes, descriptive is just confusing.

My favorite part-name is "bearclaw".  Much better than the descriptive name for
the same part.

Steve

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Hm, does she have a Duplo scottie?

Darn!  Maybe I can put them in an auction of palm trees, and get rid of 'em
that way...  :)

Hm, that sounds like a good idea, it might depress the price of the palm
trees...

Yup, and I love the drawers!  'Course, I had to take the printing off. • ;)

I'll use them for Cleo's (1) room so there won't be any need to take them
off...

Well, i want lots to furnish my houses.  They are hard to get, so I'm not • going
to pass these up just because they're printed.  :)

Drawers is one reason I got a bunch of 2885 when they were available in
Canada...

I'll probably leave the printing on. I'm sure I'll use some to furnish
houses.

Frank

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
I love that tabby cat!  Its so cute!  :)  And my sister(1) doesn't get
either
of 'em.  :)

What's the reference? you put a "(1)" there but didn't say anything...
And the tabby *is* great...

D'oh!  *sigh*  I do that all the time...  It should be:

1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Ah... That's a recognizable pattern, noticable in the species of
Youngsister  ;-)

The fairy (my first) is actually (IMO) less pretty than she looks in the
catalog pics (not that she looks pretty in the catalog...). This is because
when you look at her up front you see that her hair tilts backward, not
straight up, and her lips are printed in the same color the moon/stars
designis. In this case, gold. Ugh.

I wonder if anyone wants seven fairies...  ;)

Hmmm... NO!

Darn!  Maybe I can put them in an auction of palm trees, and get rid of 'em
that way...  :)

LOL!

The light blue pieces are nice, but limited - a 8x4 plate, a 2x3x2 cabinet
case and a 1x2 plate with one stud in the middle (name?). That's all...

I really like the light blue color.  Now, what to use it for?  Oh, and the
standard name of that plate is 1x2 Plate with Center Stud.  :)

Well, that's original ;-)

Hehe.  Well, descriptive is best.  ;)

Yep...

Three trans gems - pink, dk blue, and clear! Yeah! Trans pink treasure
chest!  Looks great, show off your treasure ;-)
Trans pink magic wand, green apple. Again, WYSIWYG. Not much that I didn't
know already.
But it's nice to have it here :-)

Yup, and I love the drawers!  'Course, I had to take the printing off.  ;)

I'll use them for Cleo's (1) room so there won't be any need to take them
off...

Well, i want lots to furnish my houses.  They are hard to get, so I'm not
going
to pass these up just because they're printed.  :)

Me either! I'm just gonna use them before taking off the print... (If ever)

-Shiri

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
Sometimes.  And sometimes, descriptive is just confusing.

My favorite part-name is "bearclaw".  Much better than the descriptive name
for the same part.

Sure it is...  Now, which piece is that?

Jeff

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Hm, does she have a Duplo scottie?

Nope, I don't buy Duplo.  Why?

Darn!  Maybe I can put them in an auction of palm trees, and get rid of 'em
that way...  :)

Hm, that sounds like a good idea, it might depress the price of the palm
trees...

Yeah, I was thinking that.  Too bad.  I guess my nieces get 'em.  :)

Yup, and I love the drawers!  'Course, I had to take the printing off.
;)

I'll use them for Cleo's (1) room so there won't be any need to take them
off...

Well, i want lots to furnish my houses.  They are hard to get, so I'm not
going to pass these up just because they're printed.  :)

Drawers is one reason I got a bunch of 2885 when they were available in
Canada...

Go ahead and gloat.  One day, I'll surpass everyone in parts!  Then I'll Rule
The World!!  Mwahahahaha!!  :)

Jeff

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
D'oh!  *sigh*  I do that all the time...  It should be:

1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Ah... That's a recognizable pattern, noticable in the species of
Youngsister  ;-)

Well, young at heart maybe.  She just turned twenty-two.  ;)

FTR, she has nine cats and one very cute, very sweet, 5-year old "puppy".  :)

Well, i want lots to furnish my houses.  They are hard to get, so I'm not
going to pass these up just because they're printed.  :)

Me either! I'm just gonna use them before taking off the print... (If ever)

Well, you can always keep one set and remove the printing on the other sets you
get.

Jeff

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
D'oh!  *sigh*  I do that all the time...  It should be:

1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Ah... That's a recognizable pattern, noticable in the species of
Youngsister  ;-)

Well, young at heart maybe.  She just turned twenty-two.  ;)

LOL... I didn't realize you meant REAL animals lover... my sister just loves
the lego animals (though she likes real ones too :)
And anyway, I meant younger-than-thou sister... Is she younger than you?

And does she like lego too? Or is she a mundane (sp?) like my older sisters?
My younger sister is, at least catching it... but she's only ten, so ya ever
know...

FTR, she has nine cats and one very cute, very sweet, 5-year old "puppy".  :)

Well, i want lots to furnish my houses.  They are hard to get, so I'm not
going to pass these up just because they're printed.  :)

Me either! I'm just gonna use them before taking off the print... (If ever)

Well, you can always keep one set and remove the printing on the other sets
you
get.

Meanwhile I'm happy with the printing - if I decide I don't like it anymore, I
can always take it off later...

-Shiri

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the • Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Hm, does she have a Duplo scottie?

Nope, I don't buy Duplo.  Why?

Oh, just have one floating around, perhaps tradeable...

Frank

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
In lugnet.belville, Jeff Stembel writes:
Well, young at heart maybe.  She just turned twenty-two.  ;)

LOL... I didn't realize you meant REAL animals lover... my sister just loves
the lego animals (though she likes real ones too :)
And anyway, I meant younger-than-thou sister... Is she younger than you?

Nope, she's a year and a half older than me.  I'm twenty (since August).

And does she like lego too? Or is she a mundane (sp?) like my older sisters?
My younger sister is, at least catching it... but she's only ten, so ya ever
know...

She's the "Hey, that thing you built is really cool, but *I* wouldn't want to
build it."  She used to build, though.  She made some pretty cool houses.

Well, you can always keep one set and remove the printing on the other sets
you get.

Meanwhile I'm happy with the printing - if I decide I don't like it anymore, I
can always take it off later...

True...

Jeff

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the • Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Hm, does she have a Duplo scottie?

Nope, I don't buy Duplo.  Why?

Oh, just have one floating around, perhaps tradeable...

D'ya think you could send me a scan?  I'll forward it on to her, see if she
wants it.  If she does, wanna trade some fairies for it?  ;)  (j/k)

Jeff

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
1 - she's an animal lover, and has made me give her one of each of the • Lego
Dogs and Cats I've gotten.  :)

Hm, does she have a Duplo scottie?

Nope, I don't buy Duplo.  Why?

Oh, just have one floating around, perhaps tradeable...

D'ya think you could send me a scan?  I'll forward it on to her, see if she
wants it.  If she does, wanna trade some fairies for it?  ;)  (j/k)

Here's an eBay auction which includes a picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=247363444

He would actually work well with Belville, his base is 2x4 LEGO studs (1x2
DUPLO studs).

Frank

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
Here's an eBay auction which includes a picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=247363444

He would actually work well with Belville, his base is 2x4 LEGO studs (1x2
DUPLO studs).

Too bad those Scotties have a 2x2 base attached.  Darned US safety regulations.

I've got two Scotties with no bases.  :)

Steve

Re: 5823 arrived, 5824 and 5801 delayed
Sometimes.  And sometimes, descriptive is just confusing.

My favorite part-name is "bearclaw".  Much better than the descriptive name
for the same part.

Sure it is...  Now, which piece is that?

Isn't it obvious?

It's this piece:  <http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/4275.gif>

Steve