 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 591

New MOC: A 1962 Volkswagen Microbus (4-wide)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:13:01 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi everybody!

Earlier today I was inspired to build a 4-wide 1962 VW Microbus, after
seeing pictures of a 6-wide model by Sven Moritz Hein.

Here are the pictures of my model:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Cars/VW-Microbus/100.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Cars/VW-Microbus/110.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Cars/VW-Microbus/120.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Cars/VW-Microbus/130.jpg

Since a few people have posted with questions about some of my building
techniques,  I also included a few photos of how I did some of the more
unique aspects of the VW's design.

1/4-stud offset doorhandles,
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Cars/VW-Microbus/200.jpg

Construction of the diagonal-color ''hood''
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Cars/VW-Microbus/210.jpg

The whole thing took about 3 hours to build, half of which was spent playing
with various versions of the front.  I finally settled on the design you see
here, even though it meant I didn't have a great way to attach the
headlights.   ...I included headlights in only one of the pictures, here.
(They look OK from the angle that the photo was taken, but were really very
low, and made the facade rather goofy-looking.)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Cars/VW-Microbus/190.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Sean
---
The Brick Apple - New York City in Lego
http://www.brickapple.com

Re: New MOC: A 1962 Volkswagen Microbus (4-wide)
In lugnet.announce.moc, Sean Kenney writes:
Hi everybody!
Wassssup,

[...]

Great job as always, Sean.  Looks cool and realistic.
Do you have any links to the pics of the 6 wide?  Keep up the good work.
Hasta La Vista, Sean

Re: New MOC: A 1962 Volkswagen Microbus (4-wide)
In lugnet.announce.moc, Sean Kenney writes:

(snipped)
Great job as always, Sean.  Looks cool and realistic.
Do you have any links to the pics of the 6 wide?

I think the pics he is referring to are at

Very nice stuff, Sean and Sven

-Kevin

Re: New MOC: A 1962 Volkswagen Microbus (4-wide)
I think the pics he is referring to are at

Very nice stuff, Sean and Sven

-Kevin
Cool.  Great job Sven!  Both versions of the 6 wide are good
(and of course Sean's 4 wide is good).
Hasta La Vista, Sean

Re: New MOC: A 1962 Volkswagen Microbus (4-wide)