 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3847
3846  |  3848
Subject:
Introducing - The MOCBox
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:49:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Inspired by the feedback to my recent Aquarium MOC. I played around with the large trans-clear panel piece and came up with a simple idea for a container which I call the MOCBox.

My first build was in response to Joe Meno’s comment about a Sea Monkey environmental chamber. I toyed with that idea, and came up with this: (Thanks for the idea, Joe!)

   “The Chamber”

I then realized that this design makes for a neat, little display case. The MOCBox is very simple to build, and is quite versatile - it can be made to stand on its own, lean like a picture frame, or even hang on a wall. By varying the orientation and depth of the MOCBox, you can create your own design, and decorate it to your liking. Here are some examples:

   “Spidey” - A basic MOCBox showing how 2 minifigs can be displayed.

You can enclose a micro-scale MOC inside of a MOCBox:

   A micro-scale Model Train Display inside a MOCBox.

The MOCBox can be used to create your own artwork, such as these:

   Entitled “Catching the Elusive Drumstick”.

   Entitled “In Observance of Jupiter”.

Of course, you can build a vignette inside of a MOCBox, too...

   The Brickster makes “A Clean Break”.

   A Pirate-themed MOCBox entitled “Breaking Up is Impossible to Do”.

   A Castle-themed MOCBox called “The Hunt”.

   “Snack Time” - A sculpture-like MOCBox featuring Joe Vig.

And just like vignettes, MOCBoxes can be combined to form a larger scene. Here is a dual-layer MOCBox:

   “Neighbors”

Enjoy!
“Big Daddy” Nelson