 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3768
3767  |  3769
Subject:
Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 04:02:15 GMT

Hi!

The other night I built an alternate ship using the pieces from my new B-Wing kit. (Admittedly, I’m a wee bit late for last year’s B-Wing alternate model contest.) Although I haven’t prepared instructions for it - something I plan to do eventually - I did model it in Bricksmith. The MPD file is fairly well organized (but not perfect), so if someone was interested they could probably reconstruct it without too much difficulty. I built a docking cradle, too.

From certain angles I think it even bears a slight resemblance to some WWII-era fighters:

P-51 Mustang F4U Corsair

CAD screenshots:

Brickshelf gallery

Not a terribly unique design, I’ll admit, but I thought it came out pretty well nevertheless. What do you think?

Jim