 CAD / Development / 10545
Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 03:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Don Heyse wrote:

   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jim DeVona wrote:

   The other night I built an alternate ship using the pieces from my new B-Wing kit.

What do you think?

I like the ship, and especially that you’ve done it up in LDraw on the Mac. Cool. I’ll have to leave any other comments to the starwars and building experts though.

Thanks! I enjoy recording models in LDraw after I’ve made them because the process of methodically disassembling and reassembling them for input is very different from the casual way I initially build them. It’s just sort of fun to look at a structure from these two different perspectives.

   What I really like about that particular cad picture is the way it highlights the fix for a problem that’s been bugging me about some of the parts for a while. I hope you don’t mind if I hijack a fork off of your post to talk about it a bit.

Not at all! I’m pleased to be able to facilitate the discussion. I hope to participate in a few more in the future, especially where contributions to the state of LDraw on Mac OS X can be made.

Be well, Jim