 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2827
New MOC: MOAB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:11:13 GMT

Multi Ordnance Armor-Bipedal (MOAB)

click either pic for the gallery

After Mladen posted his Stalwart, I wanted to do a mech design inspired by the Wanzers from the Front Mission series of games. I’ve never played the game, but I have a Wanzer toy that I posed with the two MOABs so you can get the idea.

This is the first time I’ve done a mech with arms, hands and a head. I used Todd Amacher’s hand design, and the head was inspired by Moko’s Gundam heads. Something of Soren’s always works itself in, and this time it’s his muzzle-brake cannon barrel.

My second objective was to build something larger than a power armor that can carry an entire fig and still fit in my dropship. One of the guys in the Classic Space forum basically said, “what’s with all the wasted space in there?”, and he was right. It was a tight squeeze, but I can get both MOABs and all their weapons into the Aggressor.

I’ll acknowledge that the color schemes aren’t as tight as I’d like, due to parts availability, but otherwise I’m happy with how these turned out.

Enjoy, comments welcome!