LDView 3.2 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here:
Please note that the translations have not yet been updated to work with this
release, and translations created for version 3.1 will refuse to load. The 3.2
translations are being actively worked on, though, and will hopefully be
Some notable changes:
* This is in the ldview-gnome-3.2-1.i386.rpm file.
- Generate an HTML parts list for your model. (This should generate an accurate part count even for MPD files with multiple instances of sub-models, and arbitrary nesting. However, mirrored sub-models will generate mirror image parts for those parts that arent symmetric.) This uses Peeron for part images (with permission).
- Light source direction can now be changed. There are nine pre-defined directions in the Preferences, plus you can rotate to any arbitrary direction by holding down shift and dragging with the mouse in the model view.
- Support for light.dat files in LDraw models (up to a maximum of 8 total lights).
- LDView can now be used to generate thumbnails in Windows Explorer thumbnail view in Windows and Gnome Nautilus file browser in Linux*.
- Zoom to Fit no longer messes up the rotation center.
- Various command line processing fixes that greatly improve the overall experience when using LDView to create images from the command line.
- Universal Mac Binary version. (Uses QT Mac, so does not require X11.)
If you already have LDView 3.2 Beta 1, this official release only contains bug
fixes for you, not new features. It does include quite a few bug fixes, though.
Please see the full change history
Please send any bugs, suggestions, or other feedback to email@example.com.
--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)
Message has 2 Replies:
| ||Re: *** LDView Version 3.2 Released ***|| Dean Earley|
|(...) Thank you Travis. Is it just me or is this version unusable slow? Drawing anything takes a good few seconds of 100% CPU whereas the same model and settings were almost instant in previous versions. I can go back to some previous build if it (...) (6 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad) |
7 Messages in This Thread:
- Entire Thread on One Page:
All | Brief | Compact | Dots
All | Brief | Compact