 CAD / 14750
Re: *** LDView Version 3.2 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 05:09:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dean Earley wrote:
It was 3.1 beta 1, but feel free to ignore all this. I went back to
3.1b1 to test and then reinstalled 3.2 and its fine now. I'm not sure
what happened yesterday, but I will let you know if anything else happens.

Thanks.  Glad to hear that the problem has corrected itself.  And even though
that happened, I'm still glad that you reported your problem.  I actually don't
get enough bug reports from LDView.  I'd say about half the bugs that I see and
fix are discovered by me, and only half get reported by users.  Given the nature
of some of the bugs I have found, I have to assume that users have encountered
them, but I do understand that reporting bugs is a hassle (and possibly even
intimidating).

I don't know why reinstalling would have any effect, but obviously it did.  Note
that while LDView stores settings in the registry, it doesn't put anything there
at install time other than purely install/uninstall stuff from the installer and
Explorer tie-ins (.ldr/.mpd default program stuff if you check that, and COM
registration stuff if you check to use LDView to generate thumbnails).  That's
why I can still have a ZIP distribution (although you don't get the extra
Explorer tie-ins if you use the ZIP version).

--Travis