 CAD / 14752
Re: *** LDView Version 3.2 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:19:24 GMT

Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Dean Earley wrote:
It was 3.1 beta 1, but feel free to ignore all this. I went back to
3.1b1 to test and then reinstalled 3.2 and its fine now. I'm not sure
what happened yesterday, but I will let you know if anything else happens.

Thanks.  Glad to hear that the problem has corrected itself.  And even though
that happened, I'm still glad that you reported your problem.  I actually don't
get enough bug reports from LDView.  I'd say about half the bugs that I see and
fix are discovered by me, and only half get reported by users.  Given the nature
of some of the bugs I have found, I have to assume that users have encountered
them, but I do understand that reporting bugs is a hassle (and possibly even
intimidating).

As a fellow software developer, I understand the need for people to
report issues they come across. Sadly, we just do not have the time,
money, hardware, patience, etc to test every scenario while still
writing all the new stuff as well.

On the same vein, I find it silly that people try beta apps then
complain when there are issues...

Thanks to you (and the other developers) who do stuff for LDraw :)

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk