 Announcements / 3456
3455  |  3457
Subject:
Millenium Falcon 10179 Raffle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 16:32:06 GMT

To All,

Hey, I just saw a great idea on Eurobricks
http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?act=home. They are
holding a raffle for the $500.00 Millenium Falcon 10179 set.

So I am interested whether or not the community on LUGNET might be willing to do
this. Here's my thinking: There are few people out there that can afford the
$500.00 set and there are many people out there that cannot. So, there might be
some that would be willing to buy a raffle and have a chance at winning one. The
question becomes how much you would be willing to spend for a single ticket?

Would you pay $10 for a chance? How about $5 or $1?

Here's what I propose: I am willing to organize the raffle. I will not purchase
any chances so there is no chance that I would win the set so there is no
possibility for impropriety. Also, we could run the raffle through PayPal or
some online purchase cart system where people could be assured that their money
was going to the raffle. There would only be a set number of tickets sold based
upon a calculation of the cost of the set puls shipping divided by the cost of
each ticket. In other words, if the set costs $500.00 and shipping is $50.00
then the total is $550.00. If tickets are $10.00 then only 55 tickets would be
sold.

I am willing to take no money for the exercise. I would purchase the set now and
take delivery to me. Once the set has been received the raffle will be closed
and a winner will be randomly selected from those having purchased tickets. A
web site would be used to organize the participant list and for purchasing the
tickets. There would be total disclosure. Again I stress, this is not a money
making opportunity for me, just a chance for someone to win a $500.00 set for
$10.00, or so.

What do you think? Would you be interested in this? My only trepidation comes
from not being able to cover the cost of the set and shipping. I really do not
want to be out of pocket for $500 if no one is interested in this.

Please respond to the post.

Sincerely,

Todd