 Star Wars / 17779
Re: Millenium Falcon 10179 Raffle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:58:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Thuma wrote:
To All,

Hey, I just saw a great idea on Eurobricks
http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?act=home. They are
holding a raffle for the $500.00 Millenium Falcon 10179 set.

So I am interested whether or not the community on LUGNET might be willing to do
this. Here's my thinking: There are few people out there that can afford the
$500.00 set and there are many people out there that cannot. So, there might be
some that would be willing to buy a raffle and have a chance at winning one. The
question becomes how much you would be willing to spend for a single ticket?

Would you pay $10 for a chance? How about $5 or $1?

Sounds like a good idea.  I would pay up to $10 for a chance.  I think tickets
should be limited to one per person so that everybody has an equal chance of
winning, and to avoid a case where the "richest person" wins (i.e. s/he bought
the most tickets).

Steve has a good point - do the raffle before March 31st so that shipping is
taken care of.  One less thing to worry about.  The organizer just orders the
set and ships to the winner's address.

With all that said, I do see one potential problem.  I'm in Canada, and the set
costs more than US$500.  Assuming you're in the US, I don't think you could
order the set and ship to me in Canada if I won.  You might not even be able to
order it from Canada's version of S@H.  So it looks like this raffle would be
limited to those in the US.

Cheers,
-Bryan