 Star Wars / 17780
Re: Millenium Falcon 10179 Raffle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:18:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Wong wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Todd Thuma wrote:
To All,

Hey, I just saw a great idea on Eurobricks
http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?act=home. They are
holding a raffle for the $500.00 Millenium Falcon 10179 set.

So I am interested whether or not the community on LUGNET might be willing to do
this. Here's my thinking: There are few people out there that can afford the
$500.00 set and there are many people out there that cannot. So, there might be
some that would be willing to buy a raffle and have a chance at winning one. The
question becomes how much you would be willing to spend for a single ticket?

Would you pay $10 for a chance? How about $5 or $1?

Sounds like a good idea.  I would pay up to $10 for a chance.  I think tickets
should be limited to one per person so that everybody has an equal chance of
winning, and to avoid a case where the "richest person" wins (i.e. s/he bought
the most tickets).

Steve has a good point - do the raffle before March 31st so that shipping is
taken care of.  One less thing to worry about.  The organizer just orders the
set and ships to the winner's address.

I like that idea! Organize the event and get the raffle done prior to the
deadline for free shipping. I could then have it shipped to the person and I'll
pay for it with the money collected. That would be easy.

With all that said, I do see one potential problem.  I'm in Canada, and the set
costs more than US$500.  Assuming you're in the US, I don't think you could
order the set and ship to me in Canada if I won.  You might not even be able to
order it from Canada's version of S@H.  So it looks like this raffle would be
limited to those in the US.

Cheers,
-Bryan

Not so fast Brian. I could certainly have it shipped to me, then it doesn't
matter if I ship it to you. The problem would be the cost. Not knowing the
weight, I would have to project how much it would cost and plan that into the
total cost of the set. You would have to pay in USD though.

I will mull this over. This is definitely a possibility.

Todd