 Announcements / 3444
3443  |  3445
Subject:
Build a Suburban House (or homes) for Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 03:47:16 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Town / Train display is putting out the call for Suburban houses to populate the areas outside the city limits. If you haven’t built town MOCs before but want to give this one a try – this is the perfect opportunity as the investment in pieces isn’t too huge and you get a chance to really add to what is shaping up to be a really fantastic layout.

To make things easier – there are two suburban house standards by which everyone should build to. All you have to do is drop off your MOC and it will fit perfectly into a network of streets already laid out. Everyone will get a plot of “land” and a place to call your very own.

So what do you need to build?

Option #1 32 x 32 green baseplate. Optional 6 stud wide driveway to the street, 2 studs in from the edge (on the right side if you are facing the house from the street). The cut in the sidewalk will be black tile – but you can make the driveway any material you prefer. The image below shows an ideal maximum footprint for the house in yellow (including porches – and the house can be smaller, of course) and a driveway in black tile. The street is shown for reference.

Check out some of Steve B’s houses that would fit well on such a lot:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7002

Option #2 32x48 stud area on green baseplates. 4 stud wide half alley in the back. Your property will back up to another house and complete an 8 stud wide alley. The alley should be 2x2 black tile (and if you don’t have enough, let me know and I’ll bring some extra – thank you PAB wall). All garages or parking in Option #2 should be off the alley. The attached image shows an ideal maximum footprint (including porches – and the house can be smaller, of course) for the house in yellow and the alley in black tile.

Some examples I made of a house on the 32x48 footprint :

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=183181 – cottage with fence

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2329218 – farm house with no fence

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2018289 – many houses of this size together. (some of mine and some from PSLTC)

In any option the house can be any style you want. The goal is to just make sure that you can plop it down in any area and have it work next to someone else’s house (so no enormous overhangs!).

VERY Important: You need to notify me what you will be bringing (and how many – build as many as you like in either or both of the sizes) so I can reserve a plot of land for you. Also, let me know if you are bringing a house with fences along the property edge so you don’t get stuck next to someone else with a fence as well. Have fun Building!!!

Jeff Pelletier http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jpelletier1977