 Ambassadors / 86
Re: Prototypes shown at fan event in Frechen (germany)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 22:02:16 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Stephan Sander wrote:
   Hi there,

last weekend a small group of LEGO designers took a couple of prototypes to the fabulous german fan event in Frechen.

Very huge cars, for which the ambassadors initiated a poll (what car should LEGO make?).

Very nice models! My favourite is the DeLorean, it is in my opinion the best model to be made out of LEGO. In any case except for the DeLorean, I would certainely hope the cars to be in other colors. A bley beetle looks...weird to say just that. There are so many other appealing colors, that those grey tones should be avoided. There is already enough LEGO model (I.E. the batmobil, or the latest sportscar) in black.

   Mustang Aston Martin

   DeLorean VW Beetle

   The designers made a poll and asked the fans which car they prefer, which style they like (with visible studs, or studless) and how much money they would spend for a car like this.

Modular house project:

The announcement:

Very nice design also!

As for the colors... they could be more “happy” in other colors, but those tone are fine.

Good initiative from TLC!

Jean-Marc (I hope it was OK for me to reply in this tread?)

   Firehouse

Hotel

Bank

For this project the designers wanted to know, which type the fans prefer, which details they like and how much money the fans would spend for a house like this.

These prototypes were build by fans! LEGO invited them to join a workshop in Billund called: INVOLVE. I strongly hope that LEGO will continue inviting fans to workshops like this. It’s another great step to improve the collaboration between afol’s and the LEGO company.

cu -Stephan (xSpeed)-