 Ambassadors / 82
Re: Prototypes shown at fan event in Frechen (germany)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:17:32 GMT

A while ago the ambassadors asked for ideas for a possible future car set. The restrictions were:

•The car will be for display, which means it will have little functionality
•The car will have a System body
•The car should be very iconic (well-known) in both Europe and North America
•The car should be from sometime in the last 30 years

The last two restrictions combined actually made it very difficult to think of any suitable cars and it is interesting to see that of the four models presented at Frechen, only one actually fits(1) (the rest are too old, although the Beetle was produced within the timeframe).

While I’m not certain of the link between the poll and these models I’m glad to see that the designers have gone further back in time to produce some great models.

Tim

(1) I’m not too hot on my Mustangs but I’m thinking it is a pre 1976 model.