 Administrative / General / 13787
Re: Is this group in the right place?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 05:31:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:

   Ben, About about your last sentence... one of the things the first two or three cycles of Ambassadors discussed was how to be a two-way conduit between TLG and the community, but it sounds like that’s changed to be more one way: info goes into the Ambassadors from the community, and comes out of LEGO from Steve/Jan. Is that an accurate assessment?

Kelly

It seems to me it’s always been a one way street. OK, there’s been a couple of ‘exclusive’ announcements, about 12 hours before the official announcement. Not exactly exclusive. As far as I can see, nothing’s changed since this post. All we’ve heard from the ambassadors since then has been more polling. Any further assurances that the ambassador program is anything but a marketing exercise will be met with howls of derisive laughter.

Well I don’t entirely agree with that Allister. Through a LEGO Ambassador, TLC were able to provide me with information that they were unable or unwilling to provide any other way. I won’t comment on the usefulness of the information, but at least it was provided.

In that case there was a definite need for you to be provided with information, it was raised in the Ambassadors mailing list, there was some discussion amongst the Ambassadors, and, after consultation, LEGO allowed the information you received (however useful it turned out to be).

I think that people want to get ‘something’ from the Ambassadors, but don’t specify (or even really know) what it is they want to get.

There is some stuff that can’t be shared, but the program is a way to access LEGO beyond posting on public forums. If an issue is considered important, Ambassadors *will* take it up.

Cheers

Richie Dulin