 Administrative / General / 13769

Subject:
Is this group in the right place?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 04:17:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'm just wondering if this group should be under the lugnet.lego hierarchy, as
the ambassador program is run by TLC?

FUT: .admin.general

ROSCO

Re: Is this group in the right place?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:42:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   I’m just wondering if this group should be under the lugnet.lego hierarchy, as the ambassador program is run by TLC?

FUT: .admin.general

ROSCO

The Ambassadors are not employees of the LEGO Company. I think it would be better not to have our announcements in the company area of lugnet. Most Ambassador threads will be discussion topics and polls to gather fan feedback for LEGO. I expect that LEGO Company announcements will be made by Steve Witt and Jan Beyer and not the Ambassadors. We would like to be the voice of fans to LEGO and not the other way around.

Ben Ellermann

LEGO Ambassador

In lugnet.admin.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
I'm just wondering if this group should be under the lugnet.lego hierarchy,
as the ambassador program is run by TLC?

FUT: .admin.general

ROSCO

The Ambassadors are not employees of the LEGO Company.  I think it would be
better not to have our announcements in the company area of lugnet.  Most
Ambassador threads will be discussion topics and polls to gather fan feedback
for LEGO.  I expect that LEGO Company announcements will be made by Steve
Witt and Jan Beyer and not the Ambassadors.  We would like to be the voice of
fans to LEGO and not the other way around.

Ben Ellermann

LEGO Ambassador

Hi Ben,

thank you very much for wording this thought. I view the matter in a similar
way. First I thought of lugnet.announce.ambassadors or lugnet.lego.ambassadors,
but came to the conclusion to create a separate group for the reasons you have
listed.

Leg Godt!
Rene

Re: Is this group in the right place?
In lugnet.admin.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   I’m just wondering if this group should be under the lugnet.lego hierarchy, as the ambassador program is run by TLC?

The Ambassadors are not employees of the LEGO Company. I think it would be better not to have our announcements in the company area of lugnet. Most Ambassador threads will be discussion topics and polls to gather fan feedback for LEGO. I expect that LEGO Company announcements will be made by Steve Witt and Jan Beyer and not the Ambassadors. We would like to be the voice of fans to LEGO and not the other way around.

Ben, About about your last sentence... one of the things the first two or three cycles of Ambassadors discussed was how to be a two-way conduit between TLG and the community, but it sounds like that’s changed to be more one way: info goes into the Ambassadors from the community, and comes out of LEGO from Steve/Jan. Is that an accurate assessment?

Kelly

Re: Is this group in the right place?