 Administrative / General / 13784
Re: Is this group in the right place?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:06:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote: was how to be a two-way conduit between TLG and the community

All we’ve heard from the ambassadors since then has been more polling.

“Secretive Customer Representative” seems more appropriate.

Personally, I had hoped that they were diplomats to the Lego community. I hoped that we could count on them. They could give guidance with setting up public events. They could attend and give an air of official TLG presence by someone knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the product. They could be approachable, listen to us, and let good ideas get into TLG.

As it is, the best builders are hidden away from the community. Their knowledge, help and enthusiasm disappearing from the public eye because they won’t get in trouble by not talking.