 Znap / 149
  Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

Lego made ZNAP sets about years 1998-1999. Some pieces snap together while others fit with Technic pegs and axles. They make sturdy frames that do not pull apart during movement, especially useful for robotics. Looks like Lego will use TRU to unload (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) Do you know WHEN the mark-downs happened? I was at my local TRU this morning and looked at the Znap and there were no marked reductions. (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) My experience with Znap has been "mixed". Certainly, I couldn't've done my ferris wheel without those huge 1/8th-circle pieces. But I found it impossible to build a suitable support frame for it with Znap: the plastic is softer than Technic, (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) Thursday July 20, 2000 6:00 PM the TRU pricer had marked all but 2 sets. None of the sets revealed prices at the bar code scanners available to shoppers, but did produce the sale prices at the check-out scanner. ZNAP sets did not occupy the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) As of closing time Friday, the south San Jose store hadn't moved the sets or changed the shelf tags. The "self-service" scanners came up with "no price found", but the registers had the clearance prices for the two sets I bought. Ran (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

TRU in Fresh Pond Shopping Mall (Alewife, MA) had the larger sets (as of yesterday), i.e. #3591, #3552 and #3571 as well as some 3581 Formula Z Car in Storage Box (no motor). I bought a few, but left many (at least 20 I guess). Note that TRU online (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

"Miles Gentry" <gentrym@gte.net> wrote in message news:Fy128y.Gz6@lugnet.com... (...) while (...) not (...) Good (...) Get (...) on (...) "clearance" (...) I didn't find a flexible drive shaft in this set. Can anyone confirm that it should be (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

3591 does not contain any flex shafts. 3552 and 3571 should each contain two. Dennis (...) -- Dennis Williamson - Certified Y2K Complacent Bad News: The next millenium starts on a Monday. Good News: You get the day off. (remove .NO and SPAM. to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic & robotics-compatible LEGO ZNAP clearance at TRU

(...) Oddly enough, there isn't one. But the better battery box is worth the sacrifice, for me. Especially since I also bought one of the cheaper sets to get shafted (so to speak). (...) Boba Fett has been stealing parts out of Lego sets? ;-) Ran (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)