 Znap / 105
Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 16:00:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, Steve Bliss writes:

Other than bridges for your choo-choo, have you built any large structures
incorporating ZNAP pieces?

Not yet, just test assemblies. Too much stuff in my basement to work on
anythihg serious.

Have you ever thought that maybe you need to get a house with a bigger
basement? <gdr>

In totally non-related news, I noticed in Sunday's GR Press that the Big
White Cube at the end of your street has gone up for sale.  I was staggered
at the price.

I'm wondering if ZNAP has potential for use in creating rigid, load-bearing
frames for large-scale construction, while resulting in a lower overall
cost in comparision to similiar structures built entirely from traditional
LEGO and TECHNIC parts.

I don't know for sure.  Preliminary tests are good. Big problem I see is the
change in direction challenge. Assuming you're using the ZNAP parts in the
vertical direction, building a tower with panel pieces on more than one side
will be tough as there is no way to turn the corner neatly. Even the ugly
purple thing doesn't help you much.

Urgh, I see what you mean.  Well, that no(t much) more of problem than it
is with Technic beams.

You will need to start saving up your
"bricks with technic pegs embedded" pieces as you'll be using a lot of them.

:)  Finally, a use for these.

Still, I am optimistic. I am not going to go into too much detail yet as that
detracts from sizzle when I reveal my product line later this year...

Intrigued, I am.

Steve