 Year / 2002 / 324
Re: Galidor, for good or bad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 03:07:14 GMT

Norton Anti-Virus told me that I had a worm virus. Usually considered a
reliable source.

I scanned my computer after I went to the site because the scripts that it
ran concerned me. We have our computer set so that we have to accept scripts
in order for them to run.  This is a "new" way for people to load viruses
onto your computer. We had someone change our start page through the use of
scripts. Some emails prompt me for scripts and they get immediately deleted.

To each his own, but if someone wants to load something on my computer that
shows up as a worm virus, then I don't want to have anything to do with it.
The scripting is another reason I hate Java (as a user, one reason among
many) because you have to accept scripting in order for the site to work.

Rose

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message
"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> writes:
UUGH!!

A visit to this site gave me a worm virus. I'll never go back!

The galidor website does have a virus-like appearance, but I have a
very much up-to-date virus scanner that didn't get triggered.  What
makes you think it gave you a virus?

--Bill.

--
William R Ward            bill@wards.net • http://www.wards.net/~bill/