 Year / 2001 / 440
Re: Mars, martians, and mechs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:42:04 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
"Bones Dragon" <necrobones.nospam@ihatespam.necrobones.com> wrote:
The martian body pieces are in older sets? I mean, I know
the battle droids in the Star Wars line have the same torso
and arms, all in tan, but what about the legs and heads?

...The body is a slight mod of the battle droids, the leg beam has a ridge at
the edge so the legs dont slide off... also the parts are made of slightly
better ABS. They feel sturdier and less flimsy, more playable (the head also
sticks on better).

   I agree.  The arms actually grip fairly well; I'm using them
   for all kinds of machinery and technical detail...that is, I
   *will*, as soon as I have more than 3 or 4.

   Interesting note about the Martian head:  Its base clips fit
   between the two fingers of a click-hinge brick, and hold it
   pretty snugly, thus allowing you to create all sorts of mutants.
   Limited utility, I know, but it's the kind of thing you find
   out at 2 or 3 in the morning.

   And tomorrow...it's back home to the YooEss!

   best

   LFB