 Year / 2001 / 381
Re: MARS INFO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:26:45 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Jonathan Mizner writes:

Look at the Assistant's biography on Lego.  It appears to be a small
polybag car he is driving.  Almost guaranteed to be the LOM polybag set for
the theme.  I haven't had a chance to look at the Martian bios, maybe they
have a polybag set as well.

All in USD.  Studios also has a few new sets that are almost polybag.  One
is a camera man, the other is titled: "Flying Stunt Man" (really cheasy
set).  Who else thinks that picture on Lego.com is a new LOM polybag set?

The picture is the alternate model for LoM 7310 'Mono Jet' - it comes in a
small box and not a polybag.  So do the Studios 'Camera Man' and 'Stunt Man'
sets.  But you're right - the stunt man is a bit cheesy.  The Mono Jet is
worth the small price since you get a 'Star Wars' engine.

The other sets in the LoM series are interesting - strange Martian minifigs,
a few pieces I've never seen before, and some new odd colours as well (light
blue, light green and light red?).  Has anyone identified the new colours yet?