 Year / 2001 / 390
Re: MARS INFO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:41:29 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Chris Langstaff writes:
In lugnet.year.2001, Jonathan Mizner writes:

Look at the Assistant's biography on Lego.  It appears to be a small
polybag car he is driving.  Almost guaranteed to be the LOM polybag set for
the theme.  I haven't had a chance to look at the Martian bios, maybe they
have a polybag set as well.

All in USD.  Studios also has a few new sets that are almost polybag.  One
is a camera man, the other is titled: "Flying Stunt Man" (really cheasy
set).  Who else thinks that picture on Lego.com is a new LOM polybag set?

The picture is the alternate model for LoM 7310 'Mono Jet' - it comes in a
small box and not a polybag.  So do the Studios 'Camera Man' and 'Stunt Man'
sets.  But you're right - the stunt man is a bit cheesy.  The Mono Jet is
worth the small price since you get a 'Star Wars' engine.

The other sets in the LoM series are interesting - strange Martian minifigs,
a few pieces I've never seen before, and some new odd colours as well (light
blue, light green and light red?).  Has anyone identified the new colours yet?

I've tentatively identified them with the names:

Grey-Green - same as Statue of Liberty color(?)
Grey-Red
Grey-Blue
Grey-Purple.

They are lighter in tone than than regular colors, but also have a 'faded'
look to them - hence the 'grey'.

BTW, in some of the LoM 'Human' sets are some light blue elements.

Wayne