 Western/Wild West / 592
Re: FOTY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:25:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.western, Jon Furman writes:
Nate,
This is a tremendous find, how far did you have to drive to get to Montreal<
If you crossed state or international lines for the sole purpose of getting
Lego, then you my friend are the man!  Jon

Well Jon, I did cross international lines for the sole purpose of buying
Lego.  From here in Plattsburgh, NY it is about a 1 hr. drive to get to
Montreal.

Crossing the border back into the U.S. was quite an interesting experiance
though...

Border Guard: "So what do you do for a living?"
Me: "I am a college student."
BG: "What were you in Montreal for?"
Me: "Did a little shopping."
BG: "What did you buy?"
Me: "Just bought some Lego, there was a good sale."
BG: "You are a college student and you went to Montreal just to buy Lego?"
Me: "Yes Sir."
BG: "Well, okay then."  (At this point the man's facial expression was quite
interesting.  He didn't seem to know at all what to say)

Nate