 Western/Wild West / 590
Re: FOTY (You Lucky Son of a Gun!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:21:56 GMT

In lugnet.western, Greg Perry writes:
While impressed, I'm not daunted though because down here in Richmond I've
been slowly but surely building up my Confederate LEGO army.  Over the
weekend I was inspecting the troops and am happy to report that I now have
just over one hundred Confederate infantry.  I have plans to add at least 15
more to this number (got the kepi's - just need the soldiers to go under
them) in the near future.

More importantly, since it's obvious that I'm still at a bit of a
disadvantage numbers-wise, my army includes a complete artillery battery of
four cannons (about 30 troops) to support the Infantry.

So by Summer campaign season I should have a solid 150 Confederate LEGO
soldiers to throw into the fray.  I'll have some pictures to share in the
near future.

So, Nate - any chance of seeing you at BrickFest this year?  It's be great
to bring our two armies together for a joint display.   One of the very few
areas that BrickFest was lacking in the previous two years was in the
Western theme.  It'd be great to see that change.

Let me know...

Greg

Thanks for the compliments Greg.  I got a chance to scoot across the border
again this weekend and picked up another 23 #6706.  I think I wiped the
store out this time.  They didn't seem to believe they had anymore in the
back.  This brings the total Union soldier count up to about 235.

I am very impressed by your army of 100 Confederate.  Unfortunatly as my
Union troops grow....the Confederates have remained a dismal 32.  Gotta work
on that.  Can't wait to see your pictures!!

I am not sure if I will be able to make it down to Brickfest.  I work at a
summer camp well during the summer and this year I am in a directors
position and not sure if I can get the weekend off.  I do have hope however.
I will be pursuing graduate study at George Washington University in the
Fall so I might be able to use that weekend (Brickfest weekend) to get down
and make final housing arrangements and course selection and things.  I am
keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out.

Regardless I will be down in the D.C. area starting next fall and I am
psyched to hopefully participate in some WAMALUG or even RICHLUG events.

Nate