 Western/Wild West / 589
Re: FOTY (You Lucky Son of a Gun!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:31:40 GMT

In lugnet.western, Nate Jacobs writes:
This may be one of the single greatest finds of my LEGO collecting Career.
Following a tip from a kind soul who emailed me and told me the location of
several 6706 Frontier Patrol (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6706) I went up to
Montreal, Quebec and found a gold mine.  Sitting on a store shelf were
roughly 25 of these 6706's all marked down to $2.99 Canadian.  This equates
out to about $1.89 US.  I quickly got a cart and proceded to load up the
sets.  My army of around 100 has now grown to an army of around 170.

Congratulations Nate on your find.  I'm certainly envious of the good
fortune that allows you to scoot across the border in order to cheaply
increase your troop strength.  I was browsing through BrickShelf last night
and saw some of the fruits of your most recent recruitment campaign.  Your
Grand Army of the Mohawk is certainly impressive - particularly the cavalry.

While impressed, I'm not daunted though because down here in Richmond I've
been slowly but surely building up my Confederate LEGO army.  Over the
weekend I was inspecting the troops and am happy to report that I now have
just over one hundred Confederate infantry.  I have plans to add at least 15
more to this number (got the kepi's - just need the soldiers to go under
them) in the near future.

More importantly, since it's obvious that I'm still at a bit of a
disadvantage numbers-wise, my army includes a complete artillery battery of
four cannons (about 30 troops) to support the Infantry.

So by Summer campaign season I should have a solid 150 Confederate LEGO
soldiers to throw into the fray.  I'll have some pictures to share in the
near future.

So, Nate - any chance of seeing you at BrickFest this year?  It's be great
to bring our two armies together for a joint display.   One of the very few
areas that BrickFest was lacking in the previous two years was in the
Western theme.  It'd be great to see that change.

Let me know...

Greg