 Underground / 20
19  |  21
Subject:
Cudo's to 4910 and an Ugh to 4950
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:52:21 GMT

I just thought I would throw in by 2 cents worth on these 2 sets.

First let me say that I do not personally own 4950 but my nephiew got it
recently and I helped him put it together so I have first hand knowledge.

Personally I think 4950 ( http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4950-1 ) is
awful.  This set takes the SPUD to a new level with the body of the vehicle as
just one big monolithic piece that could serve so few other purposes it is
misserable.  The cockpit is not much better and with the body and cockpit put
together you have about 75% of the set volume in just 2 pieces.

After seeing 4950 ( http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4910 )I did not
think I would buy any Rock Raiders sets and I probably would not have except I
really liked the Rock Raider Babe minifig head as a Rebel Pilot for my Star
Wars models so I decided to buy 4910 at $2.40 (it was on sale).  I would have
to say that I did not look real closely at this set before I bought it because
I just wanted the Minifig.  After I opened the set however I was pleasently
supprised by what I found.  The model itself is fairly decent but the part
selection is even better for such a small set.

It has...

2 2x2 Gray slopes
1 1x2 Teal/Aqua brick
4 Yellow Clips (big on my current project)
2 1x2 Gray Roof end caps (not sure exactly what these are called)
4x4 Dk Gray plate
A pretty cool printed tile
and a few other cool pieces.

I still don't know if I will buy any other Rock Raider sets but at lease I have
some hope after seeing 4910.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/