 Trains / Train Organizations / 2948
Re: Another LaCrosse Show in the books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:06:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Kelly III wrote:

Secondly, if the fellow who talked to the show organizer comes with his Lego layout next year, and we see the LaCrosse club bring their layout again and we drive down there with three layouts, we’re going to have about 1/3rd of the show floor in Lego train layouts. I am thinking it may be time to start thinking about how we’d organize an actual Lego Train Show instead of crashing the Model train show and winning all of their awards. Anyone in this group ever put together a Lego train show or a Model train show that would be willing to share some insight into what sort of organization is needed and the rough outline of the project?

Interesting question. Currently, many LTCs show at the NMRA National Convention these past years- you remember THAT show, huh, J-3? (the GMLTC was the first LTC to show at the NMRA National Convention)

But is there critical mass yet to host an independent LEGO train show. I’m not sure. Speaking as one who has attended all of the ILTCO ones, they have worked out just great in my mind.

So I hunted a bit this morning. I kinda think you could pull this off here in Minneapolis. It would have to be a smaller setting, but I’m not sure that the Jackson Street Roundhouse would have enough space to give. Don’t / didn’t we have some clubs who had some experience doing this sort of thing at a mall?

Interesting link I found. http://www.wghshow.com/exhibinfo.htm

It would be fun to try to pull off. I don’t know that we’d get the same sort of vendors that a real model train show would get, but we’d certainly have a good demographic in terms of market for toy stores, hobby stores, etc. I know Judy does a stiff business in LaCrosse. Security and location would seem like the stickers followed shortly by communication that event was happening. It’s something I’ll have to think about for a while.