 Trains / Train Organizations / 2468
    Question to all the other train clubs —John Gerlach
   Our train club is stagnating. Hardly anyone shows up to our building sessions, and productivity has dropped to almost nothing. We've lost direction, we've lost enthusiasm, we've lost committment. Help?! What can our club do to make things fun again? (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs / Long answer from FGLTC member no. 1 —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach wrote: Hello J1, I am very sorry to read about your not too good experiences on the clubs development. The GMLTC has always been one of the highlights in the train scene and - at least from European view - it has (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) forget about the brick do something that has nothing to do with it or better yet find something to do as a groop that would flush some ideas out. (...) i have learned that if you have to ask someone to do something it will never get done. so (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —Jonathan Dallas
     Hey John, I started to write a response to each of your questions, but realized that I kept answering them with the same question, "Do you still enjoy building with LEGO?". If you answer this no then I would suggest that you find something to build (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —Tony Kilaras
     Sounds you like you have to prune the tree. Those who don't contribute should be expelled. Apathy is highly contagious and must be stamped out immediately. This is a hobby, and thus voluntary, but some sort of minimum contribution to the club's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —James Powell
     (...) Smaller shows, more "fun" shows- don't go to a show that doesn't at least offer free donuts. Don't sweat the detail level- make a fun running toy train layout, and let the smiles on kids faces bring you back into it. I realistically would NOT (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —Stefan Garcia
     Several people have already offered advice, and they are no doubt more experienced, but maybe I can offer a newcomer's view. (...) If some of your members have lost interest in the club, lose interest in them in turn. Let them live their own life. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —Lester Witter
     (...) Try expanding beyond trains. MichLTC is a club within a club of MichLug. We include all themes. There have even been space ships seen parked at the airport in one of out shows. Castles can be worked into displays (Remember castle is just town (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —Jason Spears
     (...) I'm not sure I can help you get the members enthused about working on the layout again, but I might be able to offer some suggestions that could help the club get back that close knit feeling. Recently I asked the question "What makes a good (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

        Re: Question to all the other train clubs —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach wrote: Hi John, you got by far more feedback, than lots of other requests in lugnet.trains get in average. Is it asked for too much, if I beg you, to give us some more informations about your thoughts on our (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)