 Trains / Train Organizations / 2234 (-10)
  Reminder: End of year Exhibition of FGLTC. // Lego®-Fan Treffen in Hattersheim am 29.Dez.2002

Hi all! I just wanted to post a small reminder about the end-of-year meeting of the German AFOL community in Hattersheim (near Frankfurt at river Main). The meeting takes place on sunday the 29th of december in the "Haus der Vereine in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events)

  Train Operating Weekend is a go!

Calling all trainheads! The Vancouver Lego Club is sponsoring a Train Operating Weekend on Fri Jan 31 to Sun Feb 2, in New Westminster, BC (close to Vancouver). The focus of this event is to build a large layout which allows us to do *realistic (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

There definitely are advanatges to both systems. I do like the barriers because not only do they minimize the reaching, they also contain train crashes. At our mall display, we had an interesting crown control issue. That display was basically three (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  MichLTC to display at Toy & Hobby Expo 2002

The Michigan LEGO® Train Club will display a 20'x 20' layout, complete with three loops of running trains, a mountain and quarry, a delightful town, a kids play area, and more! The layout is made out of 99.9% LEGO® bricks. When: December 27-29 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: Model Railroad Display LEGO - Toy & Hobby Expo 2002

(...) I believe we typically announce on LUGNET about a week or so ahead. Info is on our website, www.michlug.org Redirected this away from .general... (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:H7AoyL.Gq7@lugnet.com... (...) Not (...) Eh - you get used to it. If you have young kids it gets to the point where you don't even see it! ;-) (...) we (...) keep (...) interact (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

Ted Michon wrote in message ... (...) This was the thing that grossed out us VLC trainiacs when we were helping with the layout at NWBrickCon, and decided us against using the plastic. Not just mouths but runny noses... and who knows what they've (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) Since several of you singled out this item, I should expand a little. Prior to our 6 week run at SDMRRM, the space we now use was occupied by a hands-on kid play area (not LEGO) and the musuem advertised our upcoming LTC layout. My best guess (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Pictures from the GFLTC display at the Sarasota Model Railroad Show (December 14-15, 2002)

Finally managed to wrestle a day off and head on over to the Manatee County Civic Center...where Rob Werner had his layout set up, complete with an 'imagination table' where kids big and little could fiddle with bricks. The crowd draw was pretty (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:... (...) Cary Clark and I were just chatting and I realized that I never posted the pictures of our layout (when it was complete) and the building event we did to benefit the Food Bank (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact