 Trains / Train Organizations / 1903
1902  |  1904
Subject:
NGLTC pictures from Atlanta GATS 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:48:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) displayed for the fourth year at
the Atlanta Great American Train Show. This show was packed, there was a
huge line a half-hour before the show was supposed to start, they ended up
opening early. I don’t know if was the rainy day or just the fact that the
convention center was connected to a popular mall. Whatever it was, it
brought the crowds in full force. And of course we had to be the first
layout by the door, so we took the first hit from the guest, but that’s OK
with us. They start the show at our layout, then they would also end the
show at our layout.

Here are some pictures from Saturday, kids were having a great time:

And more from Sunday:

This was also the debut of the new Rail Racers (http://www.railracers.com)
layout and control system, I’m glad to report that it worked like a charm.
Two RCXs hidden inside of the grand stands controlled it. One switch to
start the racing lights and another to return the trains to the starting
line, made the races go smooth and for the most part with out a hitch. I
will be posting detailed plans of the control system to the Rail Racers web
page this week.

Beside working technically well, the racers were a hit with the visitors, at
some times people had to wait 10-15 minutes for their turn to race, and line
control actually became an issue. We might have to get the ropes back out
and build a queue for the racers to wait their turns. I’m looking forward to
taking them with us to Jacksonville Florida for the combined show with the
GFLTC in two weeks.

It was a great show (other than the fact there was no “drive in” and we had
to cart everything in & out), and we’re looking forward to Greenberg next month.

jt

James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org