 Trains / Train Organizations / 1669
Re: Spyshot! TCLTC layout pic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:26:10 GMT

Is it possible to be an active member of more than one group at the same
time? Clearly if the groups are widely different it is (you can belong to a
stamp club and a soccer team, no overlap). Also, you could say really, that
MichLUG and MichLTC are more or less the 'same' group, so to speak.

I think it is.  I'm involved in 2 groups here on the island, and a few off the
island (that mostly, I get newsletters from...but I do go to shows too...)

I find that I have varying interest levels in my different hobbies, and that as
the interest wanes in one, another one will take up the slack.  I have 3
different train hobbies (Live Steam, Lego, and OO scale stuff), and that CAN be
a problem when showtime runs up.  Fortunately, the clubs which exibit (Gangers
and VIME, VICLUG hasn't yet) understand that I do have commitments that vary
from year to year, and that I cannot staff 2 places at once.  As far as
meetings go, I don't often have conflicts-it just seems to work out OK from
that prospective.

James P