 Trains / Train Organizations / 1649
Re: New Building (light gray)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:17:31 GMT

Looks nice.  The see-through nature of the thin-walls make it seem a little
too "empty" though.  I know how you feel about exteriors coming before
interiors, but you might want to try doing a little something, perhaps in
the lobby, just to make it look like a real building from the outside.
Perhaps just putting some walls, plants (i.e. interior ones), and benches in
the lobby would give it a more realistic feeling.

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
Although this building is new to the net, I actually began building it
last year after a huge sale of 4561s from Walmart.  The building took
all of the 1x2x3 trans light blue thin wall elements from over 40 sets
(I've forgotten how many came in each set).  Suffice to say a long time
in the making....

It is kind of reminiscent of one of the WTC towers, but that is purely
coincidental.

In my flurry of creating buildings, I just would complete the shell and
move on to another (or more realistically-- start a building, and while
waiting for parts, start another, etc).  Interior detail work will have
to come later, which is okay with me because as I have said before,
buildings are just pretty train backdrops:-)  This one happens to sit
next to my version of Tom McDonald's Spamcake Diner (Minneapolis) on the
TCLTC layout.  I still think that it would be neat if every LTC had a
Spamcake Diner on its layout!

-John