 Trains / Train Organizations / 1651
Re: New Building (light gray)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:10:04 GMT

Brad Hamilton wrote:

Looks nice.  The see-through nature of the thin-walls make it seem a little
too "empty" though.  I know how you feel about exteriors coming before
interiors, but you might want to try doing a little something, perhaps in
the lobby, just to make it look like a real building from the outside.
Perhaps just putting some walls, plants (i.e. interior ones), and benches in
the lobby would give it a more realistic feeling.

Thanks, Brad, and of course, you are absolutely correct.  I do plan on one day
finishing the interior, but I was just too excited about building more
buildings at the time and so just I forged on to newer things.  Thing is, when
you start a project such as this one, it literary takes months and months to
get together the necessary parts.  I have had projects last over a year.
Sometimes it's hard to keep excited and interested about them, and new ideas
pop up and presto, you have a half built building:-/

-John