 Trains / Train Organizations / 1206
Re: The formation of an ILTCO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:23:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:
While it's true that we could carry on many of these types of
discussions in trains.org, I think that eventually we would need to
organize further to accomplish some of these goals.  As for LUGs vs
LTCs, I see this venture as a purely *train layout* organization whose
members participate primarily in GATS and NMRA related events.  I know
that there are LUGs who create other theme displays for show, but I
think we should narrow our focus on trains.  So I would think that if a
LUG isn't *centered* on the trains theme, then they probably wouldn't be
interested in this org.  OTOH, if there are LTDs in a LUG who want to
participate, then I think they should create a separate LTC and begin
showing at train show events.

I don't think that the LUG vs LTC thing is really relevant.  As a prime
example, NALUG has done 2 trains shows, intends to do more in the future,
but has no intention or desire to form a seperate LTC - we're stunningly
informal as it is, and it would feel pretty silly to most of us, I think, to
have 2 different names for the same bunch of people.

Even though our "focus" isn't necessarily trains, we do train shows, and
IMHO, that's enough.

James