 Trains / Train Organizations / 1208
Re: The formation of an ILTCO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:30:20 GMT

John Neal wrote in message <3A9C257F.C626578B@uswest.net>...

So I would think that if a
LUG isn't *centered* on the trains theme, then they probably wouldn't be
interested in this org.  OTOH, if there are LTDs in a LUG who want to
participate, then I think they should create a separate LTC and begin
showing at train show events.

Just a bit of a nit, John... VLC isn't centered on trains, but our only
public display (so far) has been a train layout and we plan to exhibit at
train shows again, 2-3 times this year. We're definitely interested in the
I*LTC group, but there really aren't enough of us to make it worth while
splitting off a separate trains group (only 2 really train focused people,
but enough "also willing to help" to put on a show). So, I like James
Brown's suggestion better:

Membership in I*LTC:
Any club, group, or individual that displays LEGO trains, or intends to • do
so, is welcome to participate in I*LTC, preferably by means of a chosen
representative (or representatives).

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1