 Trains / Train Organizations / 1212
Re: The formation of an ILTCO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:23:18 GMT

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
news:G9FsvA.47n@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

.

I don't think that the LUG vs LTC thing is really relevant.  As a prime
example, NALUG has done 2 trains shows, intends to do more in the future,
but has no intention or desire to form a seperate LTC - we're stunningly
informal as it is, and it would feel pretty silly to most of us, I think, • to
have 2 different names for the same bunch of people.

Even though our "focus" isn't necessarily trains, we do train shows, and
IMHO, that's enough.

James

NCLUG is a similar situation - NCLUG/NCLTC would essentially be one in the
same.  That may not always be the case but for now, it is.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot