 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1181 – 1200 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  N&W J-class steam locomotive

I was finally able to clear out enough time and off enough room to photograph my N&W J-class steam engine (northern, 4-8-4) and consist. (URL) Full Gallery> I wanted to build the N&W J class for some time, but the bullet streamlining around the nose (...) (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

trains
(score: 0.660)

  Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck

(...) I haven't timed it but it does pretty good. Just about fast enough for something like this, probably equivilant to around a settling of 3 (of 8) on the 9V speed controller. Fast enough to move nicely and not be speeding - I would guess a scale (...) (18 years ago, 30-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.660)

  Re: My Agonizing Decision

"Harvey Henkelman" <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GDy8Bo.4E2@lugnet.com... (...) The 7722's motor is not in the tender, it's a battery train with the motor in the locomotive and powered by batteries carried in the 'tender' (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.660)

  Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck

I just finished a new rail truck that I am rather proud of: (URL) It is a color modified version of the Rio Grande Southern Motor #1 which currently resides in Colorado's Ridgeway Railroad Museum. My model is based on the model of this by Bachmann, (...) (18 years ago, 27-Apr-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

9v
(score: 0.660)

  Switching from 4,5V to 9V

Hi there, is there any brick - or has anyone "build" one - which allows to connect 4,5V tracks to 9V tracks? (I first got a shock when I saw the 9V tracks...) Even so: Has anyone experience in tuning up 4,5V tracks to allow 9V trains to go on it - (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.659)

  Crosstrack 9v Question

Are the two directions on the 9V crosstrack electrically independent of one another? I'd like to have two ovals that each have separate controllers/engines that cross one another. Will it work with the vanilla crosstrack? (19 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

(...) Hi Jeroen! I have never heard of a 12V motor which runs on its own on 9V track. And I might be a kind of an expert on trains, train motors and their conversion. So I would recommend you to ask for a good description or better for a picture of (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.658)

  Station For 4559 (& minor fotw)

My daughter's school project this term is transport, so we've been playing with our 9v trains quite a bit. At the weekend we got around to thinking about building a station. The main trains we are using right now are 2 4559s we have (4558 in the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

9v, trains
(score: 0.658)

  UP Western Pacific Heritage Series in 8-wide

(URL) I am very proud to announce that I have converted to 8-wide trains. The UP Western Pacific is my favorite of the three that I have built so far, but I have several more that have finished the design phase and will be building over the next (...) (16 years ago, 24-Oct-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

trains
(score: 0.658)

  building 6-wide cars

Our train group is going up to 6-wide cars (and 8 wide trains) for the next layout. Anyone got any advice or tips on how to make them (and how to make them look good)? I am good at making 4-wide cars but not so much at making 6-wide. (16 years ago, 22-Oct-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Bert- This certainly doesn't look good. I couldn't see anything good when Jake announced at BrickFest the introdution of the new "play train" system and the reclassification of the 9V train as the "hobby train". So far, there has not been a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  8-wide OMYA Tanker

I just finished my second 8-wide car, an OMYA tanker: (2 URLs) NELUG Gallery> For the full story, see my post on the (URL) Trains-n-Town> website. -Elroy (16 years ago, 21-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) I'm not sure it's safe to assume that LEGO would be the lowest cost provider of 9v items. What if they licensed it to another entity to reduce overhead, marketing and production costs? I agree with your main point, however, that private party (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

(...) I will do this. (...) Thanks Steve! -Eric (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

(...) "My name is Rich, and I'm a LEGO lurker." How about ILTCO asking LEGO to throw us all a bone by offering one of those ILTCO only catalog codes that gives some great discount on some set(s) like they've done in the past? This would be a quick (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

No slight taken as I mentioned it was purely an internal LEGO thing, lack of proper passing of the torch. Hopefully we can all keep the 9v train line alive. SteveB (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) The MILLION dollar question is... Is there a 3rd Party Vendor even interested in making the 9V parts? TLC could offer the license (I doubt they will) but if there is no party interetsed then it is pointless. (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

I think this is a great thing that Eric has taken on. Someone needs to get the ball rolling, and he appears to be doing just that. As far as ILTCO goes, what exactly is the status of things there? There doesn't ever really seem to be anything going (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.658)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GDD90v.5E2@lugnet.com... <snip> I myself have done a conversion of a 9V motor to run on 12V track, and Felsir (...) </snip> Would Felsir be Frank Buiting? I know he did the same (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.657)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

(...) I agree. If ILTCO is going to be the channel we want it to be, this information should have been posted there as well as here. Maybe even an article there and just a link to the article here. ROSCO (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.657)

More:  Next Page >>