 Trains / 9873
    Re: bruised ego —Eric Kingsley
   (...) Well of course its great stuff, allways is. I did mean to comment on the Americana section. While it is very impressive, that is not a Main Street I would want to drive down. Between the traffic, lack of parking, and the "Bigger is better in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: bruised ego —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     Eric: (...) They are not too common until one gets to Copenhagen. (...) I think you have a point. It certainly takes more (or at least innovation) to impress now that we have seen images of big displays several times. Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Train Shows Commonplace? (was: Re: bruised ego) —John Neal
      (...) I think you are right to some degree, Eric. We have gotten acclimated to the train show phenomenon, although the occasional world record event type thing still jolts the senses:-) Imagine the GMLTC's frustration, because we choose to show the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: bruised ego —Dan Parker
     Eric, while I wasn't a direct attendee, I did watch the show closely. I think the chainstore barrage was both an intended editorial comment and a playful jab at other clubmembers who really dislike the chainstore thing displacing old Mainstreet USA (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: bruised ego —John R. Clark
     Er, Dan, You don't use that slogan when you present at the schools, do you? Maybe that's why they haven't been calling back... ;-) Rick C. In lugnet.trains, Dan Parker writes: <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: bruised ego —Dan Parker
     [ROTFL after blowing Coke and Kettle Korn on my monitor] Sorry, I hope it was taken as posted --lightly. Seriously, one of the neat things is to get together, thump our chests with MOCs, and watch our little contraptions run around on metal rails. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: bruised ego —Christopher Masi
   (...) been super busy, and I haven't gotten through all the pictures of the various shows. I also tend to feel dumb if I don't have something to say other than "wow". Chris PS I'll comment about the show when I get done with looking at everything. (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)