 Trains / 9780
  Re: Latest catalog information

I don't know if I'd say underpowered, but more like "cost efficient" in the engine department. -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:G8zDCM.DpG@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) No, that particular pic does seem to be unpowered, that is, has no motor. Maybe one of the variants will be a push train version? I'm speculating because I honestly don't remember what I saw in that regard. ++Lar (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) I figured that was what "cost effecient" meant. It seems that Lego assumes that everyone has 4561, so we don't NEED more motors. Whatever this build-your-own thing is, without an included motor (or with a motor being only optional) it should (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

Regarless of the pros/cons of this LEGO Train venture, I'm sure all of us will benefit from it. Lets push for 4551 cab pieces in different colors!!! (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

So if you could switch out the boiler color (which I'm NOT sayiny you can), would you want aditional boiler color parts packs of different optional colors? For instance the base engine + one boiler color pack costs X, additional boilers color packs (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest catalog information

(...) Well, if we could say 'give me 30 boiler packs in green', just to get the parts, then TLC wouldn't shift all that many whole trains in the long run. Yes, I'd like to be able to order extra packs in specific colours - but what I'd really like (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)