 Trains / 9435
  I'm looking for ideas...

Hi, The local library invited me to do a LEGO display (their display cabinets will be empty while waiting for the next exhibition material and they asked me do fill them in the meantime). More details about the display: I have access to two glass (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) I would suggest to take a look at a model builders magazine or the Märklin catalogue. Some nice ideas to be copied are for e.g. on Heiner Bergs homepage: (URL) this ones: ;-) (URL) take a look at his genious trees: (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Hi Frank, Congratulations! Showing your MOC's in a libary sounds very good! And your ideas to go into LEGO train and technic history is very nice. I would like to visit this libary, even if I couln't read any dutch ;-)) I build an easy telegraph (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) A coal park, for refueling your steam engine can be build very quickly, just some walls, a dump a pile of loose black bricks in it, and put one of tose small cranes from set #4565 Freight & Crane Railway next to it to make it look realistic (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

in article G7xG78.6B2@lugnet.com, Frank Buiting at frank.buiting@infopulse.nl wrote on 1/29/2001 7:59 AM: (...) Pop machine. newwspaper rack. Telephone booths, with sound baffles that can be pulled down over the figs head (to muffle the sound of the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Why not attempt something a bit more unique? Consider events or history related to your region or community. Maybe a unique industry or festival. If there's an upcoming flower or Spring festival, why not have everyone turned out for a parade? The (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Thanks for the input :-) Heiner Berg has some nice signal poles I'll build. Holger's telegraph poles gave me the idea of building a scene where the poles are being build. I also like the billboard idea! I have the rest of the week to build so ideas (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

The Station should have lots of garbage cans, most of the stations i've been to allways seem to me messy, seems like they don't have janitors or something. Maybe even a few hobos or bums... Josh (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

Thing that jumps out about rail yards for me is that rail yards and stations are a evolutionary process. -Moved sheds(or just the posts) to disused rails that are unconnected and overgrown. -Heaps of rails and ties, parts of cars, engines and (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) Great observation! This is true, at least in the US, for all large industrial concerns, but especially so for capital intensive industries like rails with large physical plant, and long lived assets which are so numerous that it is easy to (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

(...) Nothing beats the Germans though. They lost a electric loco. It showed up, 2 power systems away, in Italy. Oops. And it was a _major_ headache to retreve. But, it took them like 2 _years_ to notice that it was missing. James (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm looking for ideas...

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G80uIn.5JG@lugnet.com... <snippage> (...) up, 2 (...) You couldn't give me some more details about this so that I can look up the incident on the 'net. Quite an achievement to lose (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)