 Trains / 8574
  F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

I have placed a first draft of my F40PH instructions on Brickself at (URL) say first draft because when I checked the files this morning from work (shh!) they are much darker than they appeared on my home PC last night (gamma correction not set (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

Excellent work Bob. I can't wait to try one! "Bob Hayes" <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message news:G55Kz7.CAy@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

That's so assume that you posted these! This level of quality of instructions should be gathered and documented on the web. I have several waiting for a green light. Anyone gonna bite, Kevin? Not to mention an instruction book! It looks similar to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Bob, These instructions are great. Thanks for sharing. I plan to print them out on quality paper and make into a nice, custom booklet for my own reference. Bryan "Bob Hayes" <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message news:G55Kz7.CAy@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Whatever happened to the idea of a custom lugnet.trains Idea Book? I know there was a tread about this a while ago... Bryan "sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G56BsM.7AC@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

My feeling is the bottom line is that it takes a lot of time and effort. Printing costs I believe are quite high especially on small runs. Although I was thinking about a CD based "book" with browsable images and then much larger printable images. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

I would love to see a CD full of quality instructions... Sort of a "Best of the LUGNET Trains Community" type CD. But yes, even with a CD based book, the time and effort organizing it would be considerable. Did the LDRAW folks get their CD finished? (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

(...) Steve, I do not think there is anything revolutionary about the design or construction (all studs up) - it actually looks a little boring, very smooth. But I do think it is a good Lego model of the prototype ((URL) With the lights flashing, it (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

Bob & All, (...) instructions, and have the model ready to go for MichLTC's GATS show this weekend. I wanted to build a custom Amtrak model for the various Metroliner cars, but I did not have time to hash out my own design, so I used yours instead. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)