 Trains / 8061
  High Speed Locomotive

I have posted some images of a high speed locomotive I put together last night. They are on BrickShelf at (URL) . The front uses one of those big 6x8x3 windscreens (part# 551) covered with tape. Is that pure? No - but it looks a lot better than a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) When I see that yellow nose against black and white, I get squeemish. ;-) However, I recall that Brit-Rail's InterCity 125 was adorned with a yellow nose, as were most of their locomotives in the early 1980's. I liked their "look". So, I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) I agree. I just ordered a #6473 "Res-Q Cruiser" to get a black nose. (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) That's great! I look forward to seeing future versions and new creations. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G3Cyn5.CKz@lugnet.com... <Snippage> (...) their (...) having a (...) I think it may actually be legal requirement for all locomotives to have yellow noses here in Britain. I can recall no modern (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) I shall now search for "modern British trains". Perhaps there is one that suggests using this yellow nose piece? Can you recommend a locomotive, Nicholas? Thanks. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) Sure! I can think of a few....like (most) of the steamers...although, not all. Some of the Sentinels operated by the foundry (??? name forgets me, but Ronald (sp) was one of them...) had yellow/black buffer beams, that was about 83. James (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

(...) I just did some searching, as well. For applications of the yellow lower LEGO train nose piece I was thinking of the following two locomotives: The "Intercity 125" was the one I was thinking of: (URL) the APT, but it doesn't have full yellow (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: High Speed Locomotive

I'd forgotten about the 'private railways'. I think it is only a requirement of locomotives operating on the national rail network to have yellow fronts. That said, steam engines and heritage stock must be exempt. Anyway, I hope someone builds some (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)