 Trains / 7996
Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:30:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:

http://www.thekingsleys.net/nursery/zgr/

2.  Is the train loud?

It makes noise yes but that was part of the plan.  I think that the train
itself will make a great white noise generator for the baby.  I don't think
the train is that much louder than if it were on the floor.

Just a bit of followup on this point.

It turns out that the trains noise is quite soothing to the baby and will help
him fall asleep about 75% of the time.  The rest of the time it just doesn't
matter what you do.

The noise also seems to help when changing him.  On average he is quite a bit
calmer with the train noise then without it.

For us the value add in terms of calming baby is priceless ;-).

Followups to .people

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/